Last updated 24/08/2022.
Teams in Groundleader refer to the groups your staff work in. For example if you normally have three people working together out of a van that would be a team.
Tasks in Groundleader can optionally be allocated to a team, you’d want to allocate each task to the team that normally carries it out.
When a visit for a task is logged in Groundleader, the visit record must include the team that carried it out.
Select the ‘Teams’ option from the ‘Staff & subbies’ section of the main menu to manage your teams. Select an existing team from the list to edit it or click the ‘Add new team’ button to add a new team.
Each team is made up of:
- Team name, enter a unique name for the team.
- Region, If you operate in more than one region enter the region this team belongs to, if not just leave it set to the default region. Regions are explained in greater detail on the regions help page.
- Staff, optionally select which staff are normally in this team. Setting the default staff for a team can speed up logging visits as when you select the team the correct staff will also be selected. To select more than one staff member from the list hold the ‘control’ key down while clicking. Staff are explained in greater detail on the staff help page.
Show all region staff
This only applies if you have more than one region set up. When selected it allows staff from all regions to be added to the current team.
Auto assign tasks
Turning on ‘auto assign’ will cause Groundleader to automatically create assigned visit dates in the job assigner for each of this teams eligible tasks. Eligible tasks are those currently in season and set to either the ‘days between’ or ‘auto adjust’ schedule type. When auto assign is turned on it will run for each eligible task linked to this team. Initially only tasks with at least one visit logged for the current season or an existing assigned visit date will have their remaining visit dates automatically assigned.
Each time a visit is logged or manually assigned for one of these teams eligible tasks the next visit date will automatically be added to the assigner. How the next visit date is calculated depends on the tasks schedule type.
- Days between, the next visit date will be assigned according to the tasks set target days between visits value.
- Auto adjust, the next visit date will be set to a date that will keep the tasks remaining visits evenly spread out over the remainder of the season.
Assigned visit dates will not be automatically added to dates on which this team does not work (see ‘team work days’ below). If an assigned visit date is calculated to fall on one of these days it is adjusted to the closest workday taking into account the tasks minimum and maximum days between visits values. Tasks in the ‘fixed’ or ‘n/a’ schedule types will not have their tasks projected visits automatically assigned.
Turning off auto assign tasks will prevent any tasks linked to this team from having their assigned visit dates automatically added to the job assigner. It will also delete all assigned dates for these tasks except for the earliest.
Auto carry over tasks
When turned on any tasks assigned to this team that are not logged will be automatically carried over to the next day. This will happen at approximately midnight every day.
Default work days
This allows you to select which days this team usually works, it defaults to Monday – Friday. The auto assigner will only assign tasks to days which the team is working.